[HPGMG Forum] [EXTERNAL] Re: Acceptable rounding errors

Jeff Hammond jeff.science at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 23:38:42 UTC 2015

If by 128b floats, you mean IEEE754 quad precision implemented in SW, then
the associated dot product will run ~50x slower on conventional hardware
(that is, hardware that does not support QP).

It should be possible to implement DDP or some form of compensated
summation more efficiently.

Jeff

--
Jeff Hammond