[HPGMG Forum] latest HPGMG-FV release transposes the data structure to facilitate OpenMP4/OpenACC/CUDA implementations

Samuel Williams swwilliams at lbl.gov
Thu Jan 22 06:03:33 UTC 2015

I didn't notice any substantive difference in performance (plus or minus) at moderate scale on Edison (Ivy bridge Xeon), hopper (mangy cours opteron), or Babbage (Knights corner).  I did include a few macros (detailed in the README) which can be tuned to avoid conflict misses/facilitate simd/avoid cache line splits.  Additionally, there was an alternate allocation approach in level.c (currently disabled) in which rather than performing one large malloc for all boxes and vectors, vectors were individually malloc'd.  The bulk malloc was consistently faster and is thus the default.

- Sam