[HPGMG Forum] [EXTERNAL] Re: Acceptable rounding errors

JOHN SHALF jshalf at me.com
Sat Aug 1 01:41:32 UTC 2015

Brian,
George Michelogiannakis implemented a reproducible dot product (published 2years ago in SC).  We demonstrated only 3% slowdown over a conventional double precision dot prod.  Jim Demmel's postdoc implemented something similar last year and added it to ReproBLAS.

My recommendation is to just link against ReproBLAS since it is a released, tuned, and professionally supported reproducible blas implementation.

-john

Sent from my iPhone