[HPGMG Forum] Performance Versatility slides from Monday

Theodore Omtzigt theo at stillwater-sc.com
Fri Nov 28 19:47:44 UTC 2014

I would argue that, yes, the machine would be less (in)efficient if it
is placed in a (less)more efficient environment: a metric that is looked
at from a program management point of view. As DOF/J and DOF/$ are more
'program' metrics than machine metrics, I don't think it is unreasonable
to sample the overall program space.

Having said that, I do see the problem of a highly ambiguous number and
the potential of undermining the whole HPGMG concept as people
misinterpret the metric and than go off the deep end arguing unrelated
issues.

I don't care one way or another, and DOF/J and DOF/$ can be derived by
interested parties if they have a J or $ measurement, so nothing lost
except a little elbow grease by not providing it as a standard metric.

Theo

--
*Dr. E. Theodore L. Omtzigt*
CEO and Founder