[HPGMG Forum] Performance Versatility slides from Monday

Jeff Hammond jeff.science at gmail.com
Fri Nov 28 16:04:01 UTC 2014

This incorrectly assumes different facilities have the same amount of power and dollar overhead above the machine operating costs.

Total operation budget is not what it takes to deliver HPGMG performance, but rather the machine mission. If it takes more people to execute an NNSA mission than an NSF one, do you seriously think that should cause that machine to be less inefficient by your metric?

As unpleasant as it is for scientists to not know everything, you all are going to have accept that in this case. This information is, like the smell of the breeze on Mars, not knowable in the foreseeable future.

Jeff

Sent from my iPhone