[HPGMG Forum] Fwd: you might be interested in this :

Brian Van Straalen bvstraalen at lbl.gov
Fri Nov 7 22:08:09 UTC 2014

My concern is that in the past the NSF might say it is open to other agencies bidding on its funding, but in reality they think DOE is swimming in money and they need to take care of their own wholly owned dependent researchers.

We don’t have any such people on HPGMG currently.  So either this is a case of a call that does not operate with that mindset, or we need a collaborator that is a significant NSF-funded researcher already.

Brian

On Nov 7, 2014, at 1:30 PM, Jed Brown <jed at jedbrown.org> wrote:

> Brian Van Straalen <bvstraalen at lbl.gov> writes:
>
>> I was wondering if someone on HPGMG was interested in carrying the HPGMG
>> benchmark effort into the NSF workspace.
>
> Yeah, we've been discussing it offline.  It seems like a good fit if the
> program does not overwhelmingly focus on IO/data-related topics.

Brian Van Straalen         Lawrence Berkeley Lab
BVStraalen at lbl.gov         Computational Research
(510) 486-4976             Division (crd.lbl.gov)