[HPGMG Forum] HPGMG release v0.1

Vitali A. Morozov morozov at anl.gov
Mon Jun 9 15:51:47 UTC 2014

Hello Jed,

I am looking at the result page

https://hpgmg.org/2014/05/15/fv-results/

and see that you provide STREAM-based memory bandwidth for some
architectures. I suggest to specify a particular benchmark, let us say
"triad", because the result of STREAM is benchmark-dependent.

For BG/Q, I have measured 29.3 GB/s/node on "triad". For Cray XC30, I
have measured 48.6 GB/s/socket or 97.1 GB/s/node. This is slightly
better than the numbers you have reported.

For Cray XC30, the flop rate is 518.4 GF per node. For Xeon E5-2697 v2 @
2.7 GHz, each core can have 8 Flops/cycle - 4 way FMA - or 8 * 2.7 =
21.6 GFlops per core. 12 cores result in 259.2 GFlops per socket, 2
sockets give 518.4 GFlops.

Vitali