[HPGMG Forum] HPGMG release v0.1

Sam Williams swwilliams at lbl.gov
Mon Jun 9 13:37:04 UTC 2014

Are you referring to the time-to-solution figure or the DOF/s figure?

Currently, the x-axis is synonymous with problem size.  i.e 128^3, 256^3, 384^4, ... 5120^3.  Thus you can comment on the the differences in time-to-solution for the same problem size on differing processor architectures with the caveat that there are 128^3 DOF per numa node.

If you change this, then at a given x-coordinate, it would be showing time-to-solution for
 128x128x128 on Mira / K
 128x128x256 on Edison/Peregrine
 128x256x256 on Hopper
I'm not sure this helps.

Conversely, if you want a figure that shows DOF/s as a function of the number of nodes then there are still a few questions...
- is 27 processes (= 27 numa nodes) on Hopper 6.75 nodes or 7 nodes ?
- do you want a figure (or table) that simply shows max DOF/s (at any scale)