[HPGMG Forum] HPGMG release v0.1

Jed Brown jed at jedbrown.org
Sat Jun 7 21:27:12 UTC 2014

Mark Adams <mfadams at lbl.gov> writes:
> We are please to announce that hpgmg.org and the associated mailing
> list hpgmg-forum at hpgmg.org is officially available.

Thanks, Mark.  To help kick off the discussion, I would like to call
attention to our recent blog posts describing "results".

The most recent announces the v0.1 release and includes a Kiviat diagram
comparing the on-node performance characteristics of CORAL apps and
several benchmarks running on Blue Gene/Q.

  https://hpgmg.org/2014/06/06/hpgmg-01/

This earlier post shows performance on a variety of top machines:

  https://hpgmg.org/2014/05/15/fv-results/

We are interested in better ways to collect and present the comparison
data as well as any characteristics that you think are important.

In addition to the general principles on the front page, some further
rationale is given at:

  https://hpgmg.org/why/

None of this is set in stone and we would be happy to discuss any
questions or comments on this list.

Please encourage any interested colleagues to subscribe to this list: