[HPGMG Forum] use of MPI namespace

Jeff Hammond jeff.science at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 07:58:18 UTC 2014

The use of MPI_threadingModelRequested technically violates the MPI
standard, which reserves the MPI namespace.  While it is highly
unlikely that MPI will ever standardize the symbol
MPI_threadingModelRequested, HPGMG is nonetheless wrong for using it.

Same for MPI_Rank, MPI_Tasks, MPI_threadingModel...

USE_MPI_THREAD_MULTIPLE seems a bit dangerous, but I can only assume
that the C preprocessor doesn't apply #define MPI_THREAD_MULTIPLE in
such a way as to case USE_MPI_THREAD_MULTIPLE to be transformed into
e.g. USE_3.

If you want me to create a pull request or otherwise generate the git
patch for a fix, I can, but I'm not sure if you will like the new
variable names I came up with.

Jeff

--
Jeff Hammond