[HPGMG Forum] Solver options used for FV results?

Jed Brown jed at jedbrown.org
Tue Aug 19 05:28:04 UTC 2014

Jeff Hammond <jeff.science at gmail.com> writes:

> I wasn't aware that K supported GCC but in any case, I'd imagine it's
> dramatically worse than the Fujitsu C compiler. Do you need C99?

The finite-element code currently uses for loop initializers and basic
VLA pointers.  Neither is essential, but I'm not sure if it's worth
pandering to a vendor that hasn't updated their C compiler in 15 years.
Note that K's compilers claim to support C99:

  http://www.fujitsu.com/downloads/MAG/vol48-3/paper10.pdf

The finite-volume code does not need C99 flags.